Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 18, 2013

[January] IPSY Glam Bag Review: A True Star Will Always Shine!


This is my 2nd Glam Bag from IPSY and I was epping with glee to open this one up!  (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I got this package just yesterday and the delivery day was much more faster ⊙△⊙ compared to the one during Dec 2012 (though, it could be because of the holiday rush?). 


I was really looking forward to this one because I really wanted a red nail polish and a eyeliner brush since I owned different crease or eye-shadow brushes but not a eyeliner one. I heard the Argan Oil could be used as cuticle oil which could be useful for my nails haven't taken a break from nail polish for like months. My poor nails, they must hate me  ;へ:

Their package is still as neon as ever. At first, I thought it was just the Christmas glam bag had such packaging I suppose not ◕〝◕





They also offer discount codes in the package which is awesome! I opened up my bag and these were all the contents!










I was SERIOUSLY happy that I got all the items I wanted! I got the red color AND the eyeliner brush ♥♥♥ ! (*°∀°) The bag was filled with a adorable little stars and size wasn't bad so reusable! 

I'm starting to like this bag over the Dec 2012 one already 。・ω・。.












Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray ($8.95 USD) 
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Mini Body Butter ($7.50 USD)

I've heard and used a couple of Big Sexy Hair products before ( I ♥ their leave in conditioner! ) and I heard good reviews for their hairspray so I can't wait to try it out! It's a small mini size too which is great for on the go~! I have LOADS of Body Butter (the countless gifts to myself and from others 〃・・〃) but this seems to be an interesting favour. Smells citrus-ish and fresh. It's semi thick (compared to my L'Occitane almond milk cream ) but since it's small, maybe I'll dump this in my school bag since it's really dry these days.   (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ Nevertheless, this bag has already paid itself.   ̄∇ ̄



Next is the Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer - Bloody Mary ($13 USD) that I have been waiting for so long! Last month, IPSY send out a wonderful deep red lip gloss and this month, a red nail polish. Now I can match my nails with my makeup (And complete that Taylor Swift RED look I really wanted 2 month ago...) !! ∩▂∩ 

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil ($7) is next! To be honest, I don't know much about Josie Maran but I heard Argan Oil is really useful because it's multi-purpose. It's good for the nails so that's what I'm going to use it for. You can also use it on the face or hands too. 

And here comes, SOHO “Get a Grip” Eyeliner Brush ($8 USD), which I'm really glad to have received. I'm a little edgy with brushes; I have a really good Estee Lauder Brush Set from a Gift Set years ago but I've lost it so I've been trying to recollect the brushes. I've been through so many bad, brittle and itchy brushes that poke my eyelid skin since then so I'm paranoid in some case. ◣_◢ Though, this brush not only REALLY has a good grip but pretty soft! This totally has my thumbs up! (`0´)凸

Finally, a shot of the inside of the bag itself! Reminds me of a starry sky and it matches for their theme is A True Star Will Always Shine! Their logo is also imprinted also. This bag costed my around $14 CAD and for this month's bag, I received $45 worth of items! Pretty worth it if I don't say so myself  ☆^O^☆~ If you want one for yourself, head over to IPSY and subscribe! I've heard there's a waitlist from some people but I only joined 2 months ago and I got in instantly during that time. 

I can't wait for Feb's Glam Bag since it's the month of Valentine's Day though. I'm anticipating what items will be in it... I could use some thing for the eyebrows or for contouring the face. ;▽;

Feel free to share what you could use for the bag~ :3

No comments:

Post a Comment